Monday, February 22, 2010

"healthified" chocolate cheesecakes

I recently came across this recipe in the Eating Better America newsletter and had to try it out when we had company tonight. YUM. :) It was rich and creamy, and just the right portion size for a post-dinner sweet treat. And best of all, it was easy to make!

For the original recipe, click
here.

Cheesecakes
12foil baking cups
12thin chocolate wafer cookies (from 9-oz package), crushed (2/3 cup)
12oz 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
2/3cup sugar
2teaspoons vanilla
1/4cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1whole egg
1egg white
1oz bittersweet or semisweet baking chocolate, melted

Topping
1/3cup fat-free hot fudge topping
Fresh raspberries, if desired (I used strawberries)
1.Heat oven to 325°F. Place foil baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. With back of spoon, firmly press slightly less than 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs in bottom of each foil cup.
2.In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in cocoa. Beat in whole egg and egg white until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Divide cheese mixture evenly among crumb-lined foil cups.
3.Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on cooling rack 15 minutes. Remove cheesecakes from pan; cool 15 minutes longer. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
4.To serve, carefully remove foil baking cups. Spread fudge topping on cheesecakes. Garnish with raspberries. Store cheesecakes covered in refrigerator.

3 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

okay, where do you find a "thin chocolate wafer cookie"? Would that be like an oreo without the filling? (I actually wish they WOULD make those.... yum!)

These little cheesecakes look like something that would be addicting!

Rachel Holloway said...

GREAT question. I wondered the same darn thing...and after searching the cookie aisle, I found them...they are what they say...thin wafer cookie (I think from Nabisco.) Bummer deal is that they were $4 a box...which I find completely ridiculous.

I did it this time to make sure the recipe turned out...but next time, I am sure it doesn't matter what chocolate crumbled cookie you use. :)

Tammy Jackson said...

These were yummy. I crushed up OREO cookies since I couldn't find any chocolate wafers at our commisary. The only thing I didn't like was the fat free topping. It left an after taste in my mouth. I wish there were a topping "light." Will definitely make again.