Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oven Fries

week 1 tracking 012

I LOVE french fries. LOVE them. :) And I LOVE that there is a healthier way to make homemade fries without a big pan of grease--that actually taste DELICIOUS!

2 pounds red potatoes (sliced into steak fry size bites)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions
Cut each potato into 1/2 inch fry-size pieces. Rinse well and pat dry. In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, paprika and pepper; add potato wedges and toss to coat. (or you can also do this in a gallon ziplock bag to coat them)
Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and add fries in a single layer. Bake on lowest oven rack at 475° for 20 minutes. (your oven may vary, so just watch them the first time you make these to make sure). Turn potatoes; bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown.

makes approx. 14 ounces total.

Serves 7 (2 oz. servings)


2 pt+

4 comments:

* Nancy * said...

I love anything potatoes! Can't wait to try this recipe, Gracias! :)

WWLeaderStephanie said...

Yummy! I used cumin instead of paprika, because I didn't have any. LOVE THEM!!

L said...

This sounds so yummy (and easy)! can't wait to try it!

Tammy Jackson said...

I made these last weekend and they were fabulous. I was very satisfied and wasn not left craving the deep fat fried ones!